Internet Explorer Does Not Look the Same (Errors)

Home Forums Techozoic Internet Explorer Does Not Look the Same (Errors)

This topic contains 11 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  cbiggs 4 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
Author Posts
Author Posts
April 21, 2012 at 1:37 am #2197

mpromp2

My site http://unlimitedwhispers.com looks way different in Internet Explorer. There are a lot of things going on overlapping. None of my custom settings show. It takes it to the default theme and colors.

April 21, 2012 at 3:53 pm #2198

BartC

I can confirm that your design shows OK on Firefox, Chrome, and Safari. IE 8, IE9 (both 32 and 64 bit) show the default theme.

Also your site is very slow to load, waiting for all the external links to respond back and load. (not good for google ranking)

And, there seems to be an error calling the Facebook feed. My browser reported this error. (however, this error is not the cause of the IE issue.)

Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/content/19/5307519/html/wp-content/plugins/facebook-import-comments/classes/FacebookCommentImporter.php on line 185

For the load time issue you could try an analyzer such as YSlow and PageSpeed that are addons to Firefox. But, be careful, they get down to a very technical and possibly confusing level. But, it will show you why the site loads slow.

bc

April 21, 2012 at 4:42 pm #2200

Jeremy Clark

I’m seeing it as well. IE is less forgiving of html errors than some other browsers. Errors I’ve not seen this on any other site running Techozoic with ie. I’m pretty sure one of the plugins your using is causing the problem. It’s hard to say which one though. My only thought would be to deactivate a small group of plugins at a time to see if the problem goes away in ie. Then you can narrow it down from there.

April 21, 2012 at 5:08 pm #2206

mpromp2

Okay I will do that. That may be the problem with my openX ads. I’ll let you know what I come up with.

April 21, 2012 at 6:23 pm #2207

mpromp2

It was the Google Web Fonts Manager plugin. I think it became a conflict with the update before the last one. I thought I had been using it all that time. Open X ads still wont show though.

Thanks!!!!!!

May 23, 2012 at 11:47 am #2219

cbiggs

I’m also having issues with both IE7 and IE9. I used the ribbon setting for my navigation buttons and it looks great in Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome, but in IE7/9 it’s jacked up. I thought it was just my site, but here’s a link to a screen shot of your Techozoic Documentation site, and how it looks in IE7: Tech_Documentation_IE7.png

In IE9, my site’s nav buttons look good, but when you hover over them they don’t expand. EstherBiggs.com

I should also point out that prior to the last Techozoic release (2.0.7) everything worked fabulously in both IE7 and IE9.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

May 23, 2012 at 1:19 pm #2220

BartC

Here is what I am seeing on your site with various browsers:

on XPpro 32bit –
Safari v5.0.2 – OK
Chrome v18.0.1025.162 – OK
Firefox v12.0 – OK
IE8 v8.0.6001.18702 – looks like your screen shot

on Win7 64bit –
IE9 32bit v9.0.8112.16421 – ribbon menu shows up, and is clickable, but the hover float down does not work
IE9 64bit v9.0.8112.16421 – ribbon menu shows up, and is clickable, but the hover float down does not work
Firefox v12.0 – OK

bc

May 23, 2012 at 1:25 pm #2221

cbiggs

Exactly. Unfortunately, quite a few people still use IE. What do you suppose could be the issue if it was working previously? I thought that it might be the fact that i was using ribbon, so I tried changing it to square, but it still looks the same in IE7.

May 23, 2012 at 1:59 pm #2222

BartC

Hi Chris,

I have no clue. Jeremy will be the one to know. But it is always good to look at what changed just prior to the error first occurring. From what I gather in your post, the error first appeared with the Tech update to 2.0.7. Did you change anything else… edit a php file, or update a plug in or widget. If so try disabling (temporary) that plug in or new element, and see what happens.

Also, the site I have tech on, I have not updated yet to 2.0.7. I have 7 or 8 custom edits in php files that will go away with the update. So I don’t do updates until I have the time to go back and edit all that. My point here is that I am using the standard tab menu and it works (w/ v2.0.6) in all the browsers I listed above.

Here: The Front Burner

bc

May 23, 2012 at 2:03 pm #2223

cbiggs

Thanks Bart. I think what I’ll do is revert back to 2.0.6 until I can get this figured out. I hesitated updating it because I did modify some of the php scripts to suit my site, but I don’t think it would have made such a big impact.

May 23, 2012 at 2:43 pm #2224

Jeremy Clark

I’ve narrowed down the problem. When I moved the search bar into the navigation menu, it cause positioning problems. You should be fine rolling back to 2.0.6 and I’ll get the new version released ASAP.

May 23, 2012 at 3:08 pm #2225

cbiggs

Excellent, Jeremy, and thanks for the update. I look forward to the new release.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.