During the holiday seasons countless people spend more and more money online. Online shopping is becoming more popular, for many reasons. It’s easier than fighting crowds at large stores. Many online stores run special sales during holidays. Overall it’s just a more convenient way to shop, but the convenience could also have a price. Scams and phishing attempts rise during holidays. There are a few simple steps that can be taken to reduce the risks.
- Always be sure of the website your visiting. IE Bookmark your favorite store’s website.
- If that email offer seems to good to be true, it usually is.
- Always verify offers from the retailer’s website.
- When checking out verify the payment method
- Probably the most important is to use a good security software to protect your computer from malware that could compromise your personal information
Via: Trend Micro